Excitement comes with expanding an e-commerce business from small to mid-market to enterprise. However, new challenges arise as well. The operation of an enterprise e-commerce business can pose unique difficulties to your technology.
Operating and growing an enterprise requires the appropriate technology. An e-commerce platform capable of efficiently handling a high volume of products and transactions, even during peak times, is crucial. The platform should also support expansion into new regions and sales channels to reach potential customers. Integration with business-critical solutions is also essential for continued growth.
Learn more about BigCommerce and explore alternative options by considering the following competitor platforms.
WooCommerce is a highly recommended alternative to BigCommerce. As an open-source platform, it's user-friendly, developer-friendly, and free to download.
With WooCommerce, you can set up a fully operational online store quickly. Its user-friendly themes allow for easy customization of your store. Custom product pages, color customization, call-to-action buttons, and more can all be easily added.
Expand your store's capabilities with WooCommerce plugins and extensions. Additionally, it offers a wider range of payment options than any other platform.
- Simple setup and user-friendly interface
- Customizable storefront options
- Convenient inventory management and tracking
- Secure payment options
- Configurable shipping and tax options
- Access to numerous WooCommerce plugins and extensions
- Capability to sell both physical and digital products without any limitations
You can get started for free. Visit their website for more details.
SeedProd ranks second on the list as it is the ideal complementary plugin for WooCommerce. Although it is not an e-commerce plugin, SeedProd is a robust WordPress website builder that allows for complete customization of your WooCommerce store.
SeedProd makes customization of your store a breeze with its drag-and-drop visual editor. No coding is required, simply use blocks and sections to design your store as desired. The plugin also allows for building custom WooCommerce and WordPress themes, landing pages, headers, footers, sidebars, and other parts of your e-commerce site. The fast, lightweight design of SeedProd ensures it won't slow down your site, providing a smooth shopping experience for customers.
- Intuitive drag-and-drop page builder
- Visual customization options available
- Ability to create responsive WooCommerce themes
- Selection from hundreds of professional templates
- Built-in modes for “coming soon” and maintenance
- Customizable login and 404 pages
- Robust landing page builder
- Control to hide your development site
- Import/Export options for themes and landing pages
- Basic – $39.50 per year
- Plus – $99.50 per year
- Pro – $199.50 per year
- Elite – $239.60 per year
Shopify is one of the top BigCommerce alternatives, offering a robust e-commerce platform for selling digital products from any website, including WordPress.
Shopify boasts a user-friendly interface that's easier to navigate compared to BigCommerce. Easily launch your store in minutes by creating an account and selecting from various themes in just a few steps.
Shopify allows for customization of its store themes to launch the ideal online store. Its easy-to-use editor allows for the creation of multiple pages and customizations.
With a vast array of available apps, Shopify enhances your online store with features such as inventory management, accounting, business reporting, and more. The platform also features its own payment gateway and supports popular payment providers.
- The effortless shopping experience for customers
- Over 4,000 Shopify apps are available
- Integrated marketing tools
- Compatibility with 60+ payment gateways
- Mobile responsive themes
- Round-the-clock customer support
- Basic – $19.00 per month
- Shopify – $49.00 per month
- Advanced – $299.00 per month
Weebly, a widely-used website builder, is a suitable alternative to BigCommerce. With its comprehensive customization tools, you can establish a fully-functional eCommerce website. Start for free and enjoy basic features, or upgrade to a Pro plan for professional-level domain and hosting features.
With Weebly's drag-and-drop builder, you can customize your eCommerce site with branding and integrate payment processors like PayPal, Stripe, and Square to sell products. However, it lacks crucial features like inventory management and unlimited product offerings, making it unsuitable for larger online stores. A better solution for these businesses may be WooCommerce.
- Hosting and Domain options are available
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop store builder
- Customizable designs for templates
- Built-in blog functionality
- Integrated statistics and reporting
- Free – $0.00
- Connect – Domain = $10.00 per month
- Pro – Groups and Organizations = $12.00 per month
- Business – Small Business and Stores = $25.00 per month
Squarespace, a rival to BigCommerce, is user-friendly with its intuitive drag-and-drop interface, making it easy to launch your store without needing design or development skills. It has a variety of pre-made website templates, many of which include eCommerce capabilities. You can effortlessly add elements like forms and widgets and customize your product page layout with a few clicks.
Squarespace's built-in analytics offer insights into your store's performance, and it also allows social media integration. However, it lags behind other options in terms of payment integrations.
- Easy-to-use visual editor with drag-and-drop functionality
- Multiple responsive layouts and theme options
- Efficient management and maintenance
- Password protection and locking for selected pages
- Integrated video creation app
- Personal – $16.00 per month
- Business – $32.00 per month
- Commerce Basic – $27.00 per month
- Commerce Advanced -$49.00 per month
Key factors to consider when selecting a platform are ease of use, feature quality, app market size, design flexibility, pricing, and others. After choosing the ideal e-commerce platform, you're set to start. Plus, with the option of a free trial or plan available on all platforms, there's no need to make a big financial commitment before finding a suitable alternative to BigCommerce.
Readers Disclosure: Our content is supported by our reader, that means some of the link from this article and within this website are affiliate links. If you click any of these links, then we may earn a commission with no extra cost to you