Online businesses can benefit from Thrivecart as a tool to enhance customer engagement, increase sales, and grow their business. It is hard to keep in mind that while Thrivecart can be a great solution for some businesses, it may not be the most suitable option for all. It is important to explore other alternatives that could better meet specific business needs.
While Thrivecart offers an outstanding shopping cart solution, some users may find its page-building capabilities limited compared to competitors. For example, advanced design options and animations may not be available. Additionally, setting up multiple sales funnels with different fulfillment options can be challenging and may require time and support from customer service.
Moreover, Thrivecart's unique pricing model requires a one-time payment of $495 for a “lifetime” account. This may not be feasible for entrepreneurs and small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) with limited financial resources.
Fortunately, there are numerous alternatives available to meet different business needs. Our list of the top five alternatives has been carefully crafted by considering their unique features, pricing structures, and use cases.
Established in 2014, SamCart has emerged as a leading shopping cart software solution, with widespread usage across multiple industries such as agencies, physical product sellers, course creators, side hustlers, and nonprofits.
SamCart boasts an extensive range of features that cater to the needs of businesses selling both physical and digital products. However, it comes at a relatively high cost and may require a learning curve, making it more suitable for established businesses willing to invest time and money into their ecommerce solution.
- Utilize a drag-and-drop sales page builder equipped with pre-designed templates
- Showcase products and services in multiple languages and currencies through localization features
- Allow “one touch” purchases with apps like Apple Pay and Google Pay for convenience
- Personalize with custom domains
- Optimize revenue with features like pre-purchase order bumps, one-click upsells, A/B testing, and smart pixel tracking
- Access core commerce functions like advanced subscriptions, partial refunds, payment processors, coupons, and discounts
- Connect with a wide range of third-party apps through built-in integrations, with even more options available when using Zapier
- Enjoy a 7-day free trial to test out the platform.
- Launch – $39.00 per month
- Grow – $79.00 per month
- Scale – $199.00 per month
Established in 2008, WooCommerce is an open-source ecommerce solution that functions as a WordPress plug-in. With a widespread user base of online business owners utilizing WordPress websites, WooCommerce enables seamless selling of products and services. Although setting up WordPress navigation may require some technical expertise, WooCommerce offers a cost-effective means of creating an impressive online store for your business.
- Build a professional online store from scratch or utilize Block Theme templates for ease and efficiency
- Utilize Cart and Checkout blocks to streamline the purchasing process
- Boost sales with built-in features like coupons, points, rewards, and gifts
- Accept various forms of payment both online and in-person through WooCommerce Payments, and track revenue and payment activity in 18 countries and over 135 currencies globally
- Customize the shopping experience with ease, without needing to code
- Promote your online store through Facebook Ads, Google Listings, and third-party marketplaces
- Set up WooCommerce Shipping to facilitate shipping and delivery for your products
- Manage your online shop on-the-go with the WooCommerce mobile app.
Woocommerce does not provide their pricing plans but you can contact them to learn more.
Despite being a new player in the email service provider (ESP) industry, having only started in 2019, Flodesk has gained a lot of popularity and is now one of the fastest-growing email marketing platforms available. Known for its impressive designs, user-friendly interface, and affordable flat-rate pricing plans, Flodesk is committed to helping online businesses enhance their brand image and achieve their goals.
Recently, Flodesk introduced a highly sought-after product called Flodesk Checkout that simplifies online sales for small and medium-sized businesses as well as creatives. Flodesk Checkout offers stunning sales and checkout pages, which are in line with the platform's overall aesthetic appeal, making it easier to sell products and services online.
- An easy-to-use checkout product that allows you to sell products and services online and monetize your content
- A user-friendly email builder suitable for both beginners and experts
- Generate forms and landing pages that entice potential customers to provide their information and transform them into loyal clients.
- A vast library of professionally designed templates for emails, forms, and landing pages
- Set up powerful marketing funnels and automations to generate passive income
- Features that allow you to personalize content for your audience
- Connect to a variety of native integrations such as Shopify, Slack, Instagram, and Typeform
- Access to educational resources like Flodesk University, the Flodesk Insiders Facebook group, and their blog
- A comprehensive trial period to test out the platform before committing to a paid plan.
- Email – $35.00 per month
- Checkout – $35.00 per month
- Everything – $59.00 per month
SendOwl positions itself as an all-encompassing solution that caters to the needs of online creators, enabling them to sell a range of products, from ebooks to software to audiobooks to event tickets. With its intuitive platform and extensive feature set, it's a viable option for entrepreneurs seeking to establish a shopping cart or checkout page that can increase their revenue and facilitate growth. However, the pricing model is primarily based on sales, which may make it difficult to anticipate expenses and plan budgets.
- Sell: shopping carts, responsive on-site checkout pages, multiple languages and currencies, payment links, and flexible payment options.
- Deliver: physical and digital products, memberships, subscriptions, and drip content.
- Market: discount and promotional codes, one-click upsells, cart abandonments, pay-what-you-want pricing, email marketing integrations, and product update emails.
- Customize: custom branding and checkout fields, three checkout templates, custom email templates, and embedded buttons.
- Analyze: order reports, zero download reports, full product reports, discount code reports, and income, upsells, and abandoned cart analytics.
- Starter – $9.00 per month
- Growth – $15.00 per month
- Pro – $39.00 per month
PayKickstart, founded in 2009, is a powerful and advanced shopping cart platform that is widely recognized for its robust subscription and affiliate management capabilities. Although the platform can be expensive and challenging to learn initially, it's an excellent alternative to Thrivecart for online businesses that generate a consistent, substantial income and need access to sophisticated features.
- Over 50 templates available for easy customization of checkout experiences
- Multiple payment processing options including online card payments, digital wallets, bank transfers, and PayPal
- Coupon codes, order bumps, one-click upsells, cart recovery, and pay-what-you-want options available
- Subscription management features such as fixed price and usage-based subscriptions, freemium and paid plans, one-time charges, and trial management
- Revenue retention features such as dunning management, customer reminders, and cancellation savers
- Automated customer communications and self-serve customer portals
- Affiliate management features
- Detailed reporting and analytics, including useful marketing metrics for ecommerce businesses
- Starter – $79.00 per month
- Growth – $159.00 per month
- Scale – $239.00 per month
When it comes to effectively selling products and services online, choosing the right checkout page or ecommerce platform is crucial. However, there are different options available to suit various stages of business growth. Although Thrivecart has several useful features for setting up attractive checkout pages, the large upfront payment it requires may not be feasible for entrepreneurs and SMBs who are just starting out. Additionally, there is room for improvement in their overall user interface and user experience, and more modern and intuitive competitors are available in the market.
Readers Disclosure: Our content is supported by our reader, that means some of the link from this article and within this website are affiliate links. If you click any of these links, then we may earn a commission with no extra cost to you.