When it comes to managing projects, there are few things more important than having the right tools in place. Project management software tools can help you to keep track of every aspect of your project, from start to finish. They can help you to create detailed plans and timetables, assign tasks and deadlines, and track progress.
Project management software tools can also help you to communicate with team members and stakeholders, and to collaborate on documents and files. They can also be used to manage budgets and resources. With the right tools in place, you can be sure that your project will run smoothly and efficiently from start to finish.
There are a wide variety of project management software tools available on the market, so it's important to choose the one that's right for your needs. Some tools are better suited for small projects, while others have more features for larger projects. And of course, the cost is always a factor to consider. But no matter what your budget is, there's sure to be a project management software tool that's perfect for you.
In this blog post, we will take a look at the top 7 project management software tools in 2022. Along with their features, pricing plans, and brief description, it will give you an overview of each tool so that you can make an informed decision about which one to choose for your project.
Our content is supported by our reader, that means some of the link from this article and within this website are affiliate links. If you click any of these links, then we may earn a commission with no extra cost to you. Please see our Affiliate Disclaimer here.
Trello is a web-based project management application that enables users to create project boards and organize tasks into lists. The application is based on the Kanban system, which is designed to help teams optimize their workflow.
Trello offers a flexible and visual way to track projects, making it a popular choice for individuals and teams of all sizes. In addition to its project management features, Trello also offers a range of integrations with other productivity applications, making it an essential tool for anyone looking to improve their workflow.
Trello is a Kanban-style task management tool that is used to help manage projects and tasks. It offers a visual way to see what tasks are being worked on and who is working on them. It also offers a way to quickly add new tasks, as well as due dates and other information.
Here are some of the list features offered by Trello:
- Drag and drop interface makes it easy to move cards around and keep track of your progress.
- Allows automation workflows to work with other important thing and the bots will do the rest
- Allows integrations from different software such as Slack, Jira cloud, Focuster, Freshdesk, Corello, Status Hero, and more to work in a centralized platform without changing browsers
- Trello organize boards are based on the Kanban methodology, which helps you visualize your work and manage your progress
- You can add team members to your boards and assign them tasks, so everyone is always kept in the loop
- Set up notifications for various events, such as when a card is moved or changed, so you never miss anything important
When it comes to pricing, Trello offers very reasonable options for small businesses and individuals. The software is offered in both free and paid versions, with the paid version offering more features.
Free – $0.00
- Allows Custom backgrounds and stickers
- Create unlimited cards and unlimited power-ups per board
- Use up to 10 boards per workspace with unlimited storage (10MB per file)
- Access through IOS and android mobile apps with a 2-factor authentication
- View unlimited activity log and create assignee and due dates for projects
Standard – $5.00 per user per month
- Everything from the free plan
- Use unlimited boards and create advanced checklists
- Allows to save searches and customize fields
- Up to 1,000 workspace commands run per month with unlimited storage (250MB per file)
Premium – $10.00 per user per month (Try a 14-day free trial)
- Everything in the standard plan
- Allows export of simple data and single board guests
- View calendars, workspace, timeline, table, dashboards, and Maps
- Get unlimited workspace commands and access to workspace-level templates
- Access to admin and security features with priority support for technical issues
Enterprise – $17.50 per user per month
- Everything in the premium plan
- Allows multi-board guests
- Get unlimited workspace and organization-visible boards
- Organization-wide permission and attachment permissions
- Get free SSO and user provisioning with Atlassian Access
Try a 14-day free trial offered by Trello by clicking the link below —
Kintone is a Japanese software company that specializes in developing enterprise collaboration and communication platforms.
Kintone is a low-code application platform that helps businesses automate their workflows and improve their efficiency. By providing a drag-and-drop interface for creating custom applications, Kintone makes it easy for even non-technical users to get started. In addition, all data is stored in the cloud which gives the flexibility to scale applications up or down as needed.
Kintone's mission is to “make work more fun” by providing users with tools that make it easy to collaborate and communicate with colleagues.
Kintone also offers a number of pre-built applications for popular business use cases, such as customer relationship management (CRM) and human resource management (HRM).
Kintone is an ideal solution for businesses of all sizes that are looking to streamline their operations. They provide a wide range of features, including team collaboration, data visualization, and integration with third-party tools.
Here are some of the list features offered by Kintone:
- Customize reporting capabilities by filtering the data the way you want to see it for easy viewing of reports
- You can add comments and tag team members in data records by using their built-in collaboration tools
- Access 100 app template libraries with a drag-and-drop interface to easily modify the template based on how you want to change it
- You can create a new app by importing your pre-existing data from an excel spreadsheet or CSV
- Get notified on top of your Kintone page about tasks status or when a coworker tags you on a record
Kintone is the leading project management software for businesses of all sizes. It offers a simple, yet powerful platform that helps teams collaborate and get work done efficiently. Kintone offered a subscription-based service. The pricing for Kintone depends on the number of users and the features that are needed. They also offer a 30-day free trial and discounts for their clients.
$24.00 – per user per month
- Minimum for 5 users
- Get productivity enhancement and a collaboration suite
- Allows to open API connectivity plus unlimited custom views
- No-code application building
Try a 30-day free trial offered by Kintone by clicking the link below —
Liquid Planner is a cloud-based project management software that is designed to help teams work together more effectively and help businesses of all sizes to collaborate on projects and stay organized.
Liquid Planner has been recognized by Fast Company as one of the “Most Innovative Companies” in the world. If you are looking for a project management tool that will help your team work smarter, not harder, then Liquid Planner is the right choice for you.
The software is designed to be easy to use, and it includes features such as drag-and-drop task scheduling, automatic reminders, and real-time updates. Liquid Planner also offers a unique approach to managing risks and uncertainty, which can help users to avoid delays and setbacks.
LiquidPlanner is an excellent tool for managing your resources. It can be used as a helpdesk-style issue tracker or in general resource management tasks like keeping track of what's going on with projects and clients across various departments within any company. They offer a wide range of features that will help you be more efficient in your work.
Here are some of the list features offered by Liquid Planner:
- Forecast engine that provides up-to-date data on projects
- Workload view to see who is working on certain projects
- View project priorities along with people to be focused on important works
- Uncertainty detector to capture unknown and work and customize task status to model workflow
- Integrated time-tracker to instantly update schedule changes and personalized planning views to do the tasks right
Liquid Planner is a cloud-based project management software that offers a monthly subscription pricing plan. They offer a variety of different plans for all types and sizes. They have a 14-day free trial for you to try before you commit.
Essentials – $15.00 per user per month (Try a 14-day free trial)
- Access to predictive scheduling and priority-based planning
- View project, portfolio, and member workload
- Get alerts, insights, and dependencies
- Access to smart schedule bars and in built-in learning academy
Professional – $25.00 per user per month (Try a 14-day free trial)
- Access all features from the essential plan
- Access to unlimited users with an unlimited placeholder
- Create tasks for up to 5000 and 500 maximum projects
- Allows timesheet review and file exports
- Set up rate sheets for billing analysis
- Custom workspace dashboard, cost code, and data fields
Ultimate – $35.00 per user per month (Try a 14-day free trial)
- Access all features from the professional plan
- Provides Sing sign-on (SSO) configuration
- Create unlimited tasks and projects
- Control access roles and projects plus view group workloads
- Access to unlimited users with an unlimited placeholder with modeling resources
Try a 14-day free trial offered by Liquid Planner by clicking the link below —
JIRA is a software development tool made by Atlassian which used by teams to plan, track, and release software. It is used by companies of all sizes, from small startups to large enterprises, and offers a variety of features to suit the needs of different teams.
JIRA is a flexible tool that can be customized to fit the specific workflow of any team, and it integrates with a number of other tools to provide a complete solution for software development.
It is a powerful tool that can help teams to increase their efficiency and productivity, and ultimately deliver better quality software.
JIRA is a great tool for developers to use when planning and managing their work. It offers many features that help developers track their progress and ensure they are meeting deadlines. It also has a wide range of integrations that make it easy to use with other tools.
Here are some of the list features offered by JIRA:
- Create different powerful agile boards to manage your work
- Get insights and reports from dashboards regards to your work to keep your teams updated
- Create customizable workflows plus extend JIRA software with apps integration available
- Drag and drop automation to let the bots do the rest while you focus on important works
- Create roadmaps to keep your team organized and give them the context they needed to make quick decisions
JIRA is a project management software that offers different pricing plans for its users. The pricing plans are designed to meet the needs of different types of users, including small businesses and large enterprises. JIRA also offers a free trial plan so that users can test the software before purchasing it.
Free – $0.00
- Access to 10 users and 2GB of file storage
- Allows apps and integrations and gets community support
- Create scrum and kanban boards and customize workflows
- Automate single projects and create basic roadmaps
- Mobile device management with business continuity & disaster recovery
- Access to domain verification & account capture plus session duration management
Standard – $7.50.00 per user per month (Try a 7-day free trial)
- Access all features from the free plan
- Access to 35,000 users and get 250GB of file storage
- Get advanced permission and project roles
- Get support during local business hours
Premium – $14.50 per user per month (Try a 7-day free trial)
- Access all features from the standard plan
- Access to 35,000 users and get unlimited storage
- Get 24/7 premium support and IP allow listing
- Get admin insights and sandbox to check before submitting
Try a 7-day free trial offered by JIRA by clicking the link below —
Monday.com is a flexible and powerful project management tool that can help teams to achieve their goals. It is a helpful tool for projects of all sizes and complexities, used by companies such as Hulu or BBC Studios to manage their work efficiently from start to finish.
One of the most useful features of Monday.com is its ability to track dependencies. This means that you can see at a glance how one task is related to another, and what needs to be done in order to move the project forward. It also allows users to customize their workspace so that it can be tailored to the specific needs of their team.
With its strong focus on collaboration, Monday.com is an excellent tool for managing large projects with multiple stakeholders. In addition, its ability to integrate with other productivity tools makes it even more powerful.
Monday.com offers a wide range of features to help project managers stay organized and in control such as task lists, calendars, file sharing, and more. The software also offers a Gantt chart feature to help managers visually track project progress.
Here are some of the list features offered by monday.com:
- A central dashboard that provides an overview of all projects and tasks
- Access to automation tools to save time and human actions
- Create and assign tasks, set deadlines, track progress, and receive updates in real-time
- Kanban boards to visualize your workflow and optimize your process and Gantt charts to plan and track your project timeline
- Share files with team members, comment on files, and keep everyone up to date with changes
- Get insights into how your project is progressing, see who is working on what, and identify bottlenecks
Monday.com offers four pricing plans: Basic, Pro, Business, and Enterprise. They also offer free plan access to 2 users and a 14-day free trial so that you can explore the features and see if they fit your business.
Individual – $0.00
- Create up to 3 boards and unlimited docs
- Access to 200+ templates with 20 column types
- Collaborate with up to 2 members
- Access the app on smartphones IOS and android
Basic – $8.00 per seat per month (Try a 14-day free trial)
- Access all features from the individual plan
- Unlimited free viewers and unlimited items
- Get prioritized customer support
- Create a dashboard based on 1 board
Standard – $10.00 per seat per month (Try a 14-day free trial)
- Access all features from the basic plan
- View timeline, Gantt charts, and calendars
- Collaborate with others for a specific project with guest access
- Allows 250 action automation and 250 actions on integrations
- Create a dashboard that combines up to 5 boards
Pro – $16.00 per seat per month (Try a 14-day free trial)
- Access all features from the standard plan
- Access to private boards and Docs
- Create a dashboard that combines up to 10 boards
- Create formula column and dependency column
- Visualize data on the chart view plus time tracking to each task
- Allows 25,000 action automation and 25,000 action on integrations
Enterprise – contact monday.com for pricing details
- Access all features from the pro plan
- Includes enterprise scale automation and integrations
- Include enterprise-grade security and governance
- Get advanced reporting and analytics
- Create a dashboard that combines up to 50 boards
- Get premium support and tailored onboarding
Try a 14-day free trial offered by monday.com by clicking the link below —
Asana is a software company based in San Francisco, California founded by Moskovitz and Rosenstein year 2008 who worked on improving communication and collaboration within Facebook groups. The product was launched out of beta in April of 2012, and today Asana has over 60,000 paying customers.
Asana's mission is to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly. In order to facilitate this, Asana provides users with tools to manage their tasks, projects, and conversations in one place. This not only makes it easier for users to stay organized and on track but also fosters transparency and collaboration within teams. Asana is used by some of the world's leading organizations, including Airbnb, NASA, Uber, and Dropbox.
Asana provides users with a number of features that can help them to manage their projects effectively. These features include task tracking, team collaboration, and project management. In addition, Asana offers a number of benefits that can help users to save time and improve their productivity.
Here are some of the list features offered by Asana:
- Access to their workflow builder to systemize intake and allows automation of your tasks
- Tracking features for every project stage and real-time notifications and alerts
- Allows assigning tasks to teams and individuals
- Access to Project templates for various types of projects
- Access to integrated tools like Slack and Google Drive to get instant data and updates
- A Gantt chart view to help with deadlines plus views that can be customized according to users' needs
Asana is a popular project management software that offers a variety of pricing plans to its users.
Basic – $0.00
- Create unlimited tasks, projects, and messages
- Unlimited activity log and unlimited storage (100MB per file)
- Allows collaboration with 15 team members
- View calendar, list projects, and boards
- Access the app through smartphones IOS and android
- Allows time tracking and 100+ apps integrations
Premium – $10.99 per user per month
- Access all features from the basic plan
- Access to workflow builder and admin console
- Unlimited dashboards and unlimited free guests for collaboration
- Create forms, rules, timelines, and custom fields
- Get advanced reports and search and access to tasks templates
Business – $24.99 per user per month
- Access all features from the premium plan
- Access to custom role builder and forms branching
- Create portfolios, and goals, and lock custom fields
- Get advanced integrations from salesforce, tablue, adobe creative cloud, and more
Project management software tools are becoming more and more popular as businesses strive to increase efficiency and productivity. The top seven project management software tools in 2022 are likely to be different than the top seven project management software tools before, but they will undoubtedly continue to help businesses manage projects with greater ease and accuracy. If you are looking for a project management software tool that can help your business reach its goals, consider one of the top seven tools listed above.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Question 1: How do I choose the right project management software for my business? When looking for project management software, it is important to consider the needs of your business. Some factors to consider include the size of your team, the complexity of your projects, the type of communication you need, and the level of tracking and reporting you require. Once you have a good understanding of your needs, you can begin to compare different software offerings to find the one that best suits your business.
Question 2: What are some of the most popular project management software tools? Some of the most popular project management software tools include Asana, Jira, and Trello. These tools offer a variety of features and capabilities that can be tailored to fit the needs of your business.
Question 3: How much does project management software cost? The cost of project management software can vary depending on the features and capabilities you require. Basic tools may be available for free, while more comprehensive solutions can cost several hundred dollars per month.
Question 4: What are some tips for using project management software? Some tips for using project management software include setting clear objectives, creating a realistic schedule, assigning tasks to responsible individuals, and tracking progress. Additionally, it is important to ensure that all members of the team are aware of the project plan and objectives.
Question 5: What are some benefits of using project management software? Some benefits of using project management software include improved communication, greater transparency, better task tracking, and increased efficiency. Additionally, project management software can help to reduce the risk of project failure and increase the likelihood of successful project completion.