The market for podcast recording software has exploded with the increasing demand for podcasters to record their show efficiently and economically. However, selecting the right one can be challenging with so many options available. This guide will present you with a detailed rundown of the top 5 podcast recording platforms to help you make an informed decision.
Record your podcast with ease, no matter where your guests are located, with Riverside. Invite up to 7 participants to join your show and capture 4K video and high-quality, uncompressed audio without worry of internet interference. The platform's local recording ensures that poor internet connections, lags, and background noise won't impact your recording quality.
Riverside is ideal for podcast producers of all skill levels, offering both a user-friendly interface and advanced editing features. Use the Editor to fine-tune your audio, customize your podcast, and create short clips for sharing. Additionally, separate audio and video tracks can be recorded for each participant, providing greater post-production control and the option to produce both audio and video podcasts independently.
Riverside offers a comprehensive podcast solution beyond just recording. With its editing tools, automatic transcriptions, live streaming options, and seamless distribution to popular platforms like Spotify, podcasting has never been easier. Streamline your entire production process with Riverside.
- Built-in editor for easy fine-tuning and customization
- Clip creation tool to quickly repurpose your podcast into shareable content
- Media Board for adding live sound effects
- Producer Mode for behind-the-scenes control
- Mobile recording app for iOS, iPad, and Android for on-the-go recording
- Live streaming and call-ins for real-time engagement
- Automatic transcriptions for easy subtitling and captioning
- Seamless distribution through Anchor integration to platforms such as Spotify
- Shared production space for Enterprise users
- Screen-sharing tools to display your screen, desktop, or browser tab
- High-quality remote local recording with options for WAV or MP3 audio at up to 16-bit 48 kHz and MP4 video at 4K resolution
- Free – $0.00
- Standard – $15.00 per month
- Pro – $24.00 per month
- Teams – contact sales
Audacity is an excellent choice for those seeking a free podcast recording solution. This open-source platform offers basic recording and editing features that are available on all desktop devices. Although the interface may appear outdated and challenging to navigate, it is a viable option for recording an audio podcast at no cost.
Audacity is compatible with various file formats but only limited to audio recordings. If you plan to record a video podcast, you may need to consider alternative recording software.
- User-friendly interface
- High-quality recording capabilities at up to 32-bit, 44.1 kHz
- Spectrogram and Plot Spectrum view for audio frequency analysis and manipulation
- Advanced effects and editing tools, including noise reduction, amplifier, adjustable fading effects, and more
Audacity is a free tool. You can simply download the software and start your podcast recording right away.
3. Hindenburg Journalist
Hindenburg Journalist, originally designed by a radio journalist, is also well-suited as podcast creation software. It allows for multi-track recording, making it ideal for interviews, and includes the ability to record remotely with guests through Skype integration (although the audio quality depends on a stable internet connection).
In terms of editing, Hindenburg offers a decent range of features such as noise reduction, sound effects, and audio trimming. Although it is a high-quality recorder, other platforms may be more suitable if remote recording is crucial for your podcast production.
- Auto audio leveling tool for optimized sound levels
- Basic effects include an equalizer and compressor
- Convenient Clipboard tool for better management
You can buy their Hindenburg Pro and Studio to get their advanced features by getting a custom quote.
While Anchor is widely recognized as a podcast hosting platform, it also functions as a podcast recorder. You can record separate audio segments directly on the browser-based software or through the Anchor mobile podcast recording app. Additionally, you can record with guests remotely using the “Record With Friends” feature on the same mobile app. Furthermore, pre-recorded files can be uploaded to combine with your Anchor recordings.
Anchor has limited editing capabilities, offering only basic tools for splitting segments and adding transitions. However, you can mark specific parts during recording to identify areas for future editing.
- Integration with Riverside for recording video podcasts
- Effortless episode assembly from recorded segments
- “Record With Friends” for online remote recording with up to 5 participants
- Sponsored segments for incorporating advertisements or sponsored content (only available in the US)
- Integration with Spotify music to add tracks to your podcast episodes
Anchor is completely free. You just need to create an account to get started.
RINGR is a remote recording platform that can be accessed online or through its mobile podcast recording app. The recording process is straightforward with minimal editing required from the user. Simply schedule a call, begin recording, and after completion, both yours and your guests' recordings will be uploaded to the cloud. RINGR will automatically synchronize and combine the separate audio tracks into a seamless recording that is ready for download.
- Multi-person conference calls
- Premium members can access split-track recordings
- Enterprise users benefit from a dedicated enterprise dashboard
- Premium members have access to audio recordings with a maximum sampling rate of 48kHz
- Basic – $7.99 per month
- Premium – $18.99 per month
- Enterprise – contact sales
Navigating the vast selection of podcast recording software can be overwhelming. To make an informed choice, prioritize your recording requirements, then evaluate your budget and pick the platform that aligns with your needs. While there are many options, Riverside stands out as a versatile solution, particularly for remote podcast recording.
Readers Disclosure: Our content is supported by our reader, that means some of the link from this article and within this website are affiliate links. If you click any of these links, then we may earn a commission with no extra cost to you.