Small businesses are the backbone of the American economy. In fact, according to the U.S. Small Business Administration, small businesses account for more than half of all private-sector jobs in America.
And as any small business owner will tell you, having a good phone system is essential to keeping your business running smoothly and efficiently. If you're looking for a new phone system for your small business, you're in luck.
We've put together a list of the nine best business phone systems for small businesses in 2022. So whether you're looking for a system that's easy to use and manage or one that has all the bells and whistles, we've got you covered.
Our content is supported by our reader, that means some of the link from this article and within this website are affiliate links. If you click any of these links, then we may earn a commission with no extra cost to you. Please see our Affiliate Disclaimer here.
Nextiva is a VoIP provider that has been able to provide an excellent service with its robust and reliable network. They have connected over 1 billion calls and were rated the #1 business phone service in 2022 by US News & World Report (US). Furthermore, 94% of businesses who used Nextiva said they were satisfied while 90 percent would recommend it to others making this company one you should consider if looking into your future needs.
Nextiva is a great phone service for businesses because it has affordable prices and features. It also comes with the hardware you need to get started as well! If you're looking for a business VoIP provider, Nextiva should be at the top of your list.
Below you will find some key features and pricing for Nextiva that will help you to decide if Nextiva is right for your business.
Today, businesses are looking for tools that will allow them to manage their customer experience more effectively. Nextiva provides A VoIP, video, and chat system that comes with a free toll-free number, and virtual voicemail may be the perfect solution for any small business.
Here are a list of Nextiva's features that you need to know about:
- VoIP, video, and Chat System combined all-in-one tool
- Unlimited nationwide Calls and Text included
- Comes with a Free Toll-free number and virtual voicemail.
- Free phone app build for users to take phone calls anywhere at anytime
- Manage customer experience with third-party CRM integration like salesforce
- Join conference calls from your cell phone in one-click
- Unlimited audio and video meetings with call recording
- Group chat, video, and audio call features are included for the business team
Nextiva pricing depends on the number of users in the company. The more licenses you buy the cheaper it gets. Also, you can get a big discount on annual plans.
Essential – $24.95 Per Month Per User (7 days Free Trial)
- Unlimited Audio, Video calling with Voicemail
- Toll-Free Number included
- Integrates with Outlook and Google
Professional – $29.95 Per Month Per User
- Unlimited audio and video calls with voicemail
- Unlimited video conferencing with up to 250 participants
- Integrates with Salesforce and Hubspot
Enterprise – $39.95 Per Month Per User
- Everything from Professional and Essential included
- Unlimited participants for video conference as well as recording included
- Microsoft teams and custom integration included
Try Nextiva free for 7 days by clicking the button below –
With its affordable rates and feature-rich small business phone system, RingCentral is a great option for any company looking to upgrade their office communications. With their affordable pricing model, it's a perfect phone system for most small business owners.
Their business phone platform includes all the standard features you need for your company with unlimited calling, call forwarding, and more. They also offer a share one line on multiple mobile devices feature as well as SMS and Visual voicemail.
Ringcentral also included features you need to stay connected. It includes video meetings, team messaging, and 1000 toll-free minutes for business or personal use! Plus it integrates seamlessly into G-Suites and Microsoft office.
RingCentral is a phone system that gives you many features to make your work easier. One of these features is the ability to forward calls from your business number to your personal number. This way, you can easily take calls on the go. Another great feature of RingCentral is the call screening feature which allows you to listen in on calls before they are routed to the correct party. This is perfect for making sure that all calls are handled in a professional manner.
Here is a list of RingCentral's features you need to know about:
- RingCentral gives you access to both local and toll-free numbers
- Get access to the call screening feature before routing the call to the right party
- Forward call from your business number to your phone number
- Monitor calls for your team members and new hires
- Video and audio conferencing included for your team
- Team collaboration and business SMS and MMS included
- Track call analytics to improve your team performance
- Comes with a free ring central app for your cell phone
RingCentral provides pricing for all-size businesses and it depends on the number of users. Also, you can save big on the annual plan.
Essential – $29.99 per user per month (14- Days Free Trial)
- Unlimited Calling and Texting In USA and Canada
- The business Text message included
- Voicemail To Text included
Standard – $37.99 per user per month (14- Days Free Trial)
- Unlimited call and text plus unlimited audio conferencing
- Call Recording included
- Video conferencing for up to 100 users
Premium – $44.99 per user per month (14- Days Free Trial)
- Unlimited call and text plus unlimited audio conferencing
- Real-time call analytics
- Custom integration included
- Multi-site administration access included
Ultimate – $59.99 per user per month (14- Days Free Trial)
- Unlimited call and text plus unlimited audio conferencing
- Call management admin features included
- Team messaging audio and video conferencing included
- Advanced call handling features included
Try RingCentral free trial by clicking the link below –
Vonage is a telecommunications company that provides voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and digital subscriber line (DSL) services in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain.
With eight members on their board who are also directors from major corporations like Nike Inc., it’s clear that Vonage knows how important communication quality really is in this day and age. With Vonage communicating you can now communicate with your team worldwide.
They also offer an affordable way for businesses of any size to communicate more efficiently. The cloud-based software is easy and intuitive, with packages tailored specifically toward what your business needs.
The best feature of this phone system is cloud collaboration all in one powerful device. Get more done with the Vonage Meetings video conferencing service, apps from your favorite brands at their fingertips with unlimited voice calls or text messages.
Here is a list of Vonage's features you need to know about:
- Blocking inbound and outbound calls to avoid nuisance calls and telemarketers
- Allows you to conduct video conferencing with up to 100 participants
- Get access to the app center that consists of highly used apps
- Can detect scams and robocalls through their spam shield
- Allows you to Broadcast messages with up to 500 extensions
- Monitor Phones systems through the Admin portal
- Get support from AI Virtual Assistant for enabling voice conversation
- Control your business virtually and work from anywhere with Vonage mobile app
Vonage offers three different pricing plans. Its pricing can change depending on the number of users you have. You can also get 30% off for a yearly subscription for each user.
Mobile – $14.99 per user per month
- Get access to mobile and desktop apps
- Unlimited calls and team messaging
- App center of Vonage
Premium – $24.99 per user per month
- Access to all mobile features
- Conduct unlimited meetings with up to 100 participants
- Multi-tasking auto attendant plus CRM integration
- Capability in IP Desk phone
Advanced – $34.99 per user per month
- Access to all premium features
- Call recording and Call group
- Visual voice mail included
Ooma is a telecommunications company that offers a voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephone service, which allows customers to make calls using a broadband Internet connection instead of a regular phone line. Ooma also offers other features such as caller ID, voicemail, call forwarding, and conference calling.
The Ooma Office platform is designed specifically for nontechnical managers. The simple dashboard has an intuitive consumer-oriented feel, making it easy to use without having any technical knowledge or experience in this field beforehand – which is perfect if you’re running your own small company with limited resources.
It also includes over 35 calling features along with 24/7 customer service available at all times of the day so that issues can quickly get resolved from anywhere around the world within minutes instead hours.
Ooma offers 50+ features that are perfect for small businesses and that can deliver clear calling and high-speed internet connection by replacing your current office phone service.
Here is a list of Ooma's features you need to know about:
- Manage business phone calls through a free mobile app
- Unlimited calls in different countries
- Automatically transfers voicemail to an email with the audio file
- Monitor your dialing extension
- Use AI virtual receptionist to manage incoming calls
- Allows callers to easily reach sales or customer service
- Call forwarding and blocking features included
- Conduct voicemail and allows call flip
Ooma offers three business phone plans that cover a variety of features that you can choose that you think are suited for your business needs.
Essentials – $19.95 per user per month
- Access to 50+ Standard features
- Ai Virtual receptionist
- Can attach email audio
Pro – $24.95 per user per month
- Get access to everything from essentials
- Conduct video conferencing and allows call recording
- Transcription voicemail plus enhance call blocking
- Analytic calls, dynamic caller ID, and match the caller info
- Offers Google and office 365 integrations
- Get desktop app
Pro plus – $29.95 per user per month
- Get access to everything from pro
- Allows call queuing plus Hot desking
- Offers Salesforce integration
- Find me, follow me
GrassHopper is a virtual phone system that is perfect for solopreneurs or other smaller operations like freelancers and startups. They allow users to make and receive calls through their computer or mobile device. It also offers additional features such as voicemail, call forwarding, and conference calling and lets you manage your business calls from anywhere.
With GrassHopper, you can have a professional phone number with all the features of a big company phone system without the big company price tag. You can also get a local or toll-free number, add extensions, and customize your settings to make sure your calls are routed the way you want them to be.
Small businesses can greatly benefit from GrassHopper, which is a virtual phone system that offers many features that helps your business grow. You can get voicemails, and unlimited phone calls, which allows you to connect with your customers anytime you want.
Here is a list of GrassHopper's features you need to know about:
- Manage business and personal calls and texts separately
- Access your account through desktop and mobile apps
- Unlimited text and calls on your business number
- Offers voicemail to text transcription which gets delivered to your e-mail
- Allows you to make custom greetings plus call forwarding
- Make business calls through the internet/wifi connection
- Instant messages are automatically sent when you miss a call from a client
- Monitor incoming calls and call reports
Grasshopper's pricing structure varies depending on how many phone lines and extensions are needed by the organization. It includes all the features regardless of your plan. This allows you to provide advanced features that meet business needs for any size company, consisting of 1 or 1000 employees.
Solo – $29 per account per month (7 – Days Free Trial)
- Gives you a local or toll-free number for up to three extensions
- Comes with mobile and desktop apps
- VoIP and wifi calling features included
Partner – $49 per account per month (7 – Days Free Trial)
- Gives you three phone numbers for up to six extensions
- Includes voicemail to text feature
- Simultaneous call handling feature
Small Business – $80 per account per month (7 – Days Free Trial)
- Access to unlimited extensions with five phone numbers
- Virtual fax included for all plans
- Live call analytics provided
Try their 7-day free trial by clicking the button below-
Phone.com is an award-winning business phone provider that offers customizable and cost-effective communication solutions to small businesses in addition to achieving customer support excellence.
If you're looking for an affordable and flexible VoIP business phone system, Phone.com is a great option. They have some of the most straightforward and simple plans out there, and you can mix and match plans to meet your needs. Plus, their licensing is more flexible than other providers. This makes them a great choice for small businesses.
Phone.Com offers a suite of features that are designed to make communication easier and more convenient for users. With Phone.Com, you can make calls, send texts, using the internet from anywhere in the world without having to worry about expensive roaming charges. In addition, Phone.Com allows you to keep your contacts organized and easily accessible from any device or computer.
Here is a list of Phone.Com's features you need to know about:
- Make unlimited phone calls and send unlimited texts to your customers
- Web conferencing with high-quality audio and video that is easy to setup
- Document sharing that is suitable for working team members
- Make calls through WIFI or data connection
- Assistance from Live receptionists for answering your calls
- Block unwanted inbound calls
- Run your business using mobile or desktop apps
- Connect with people around the world through international calls with low rates
Phone.Com offers a variety of pricing plans to fit your needs. Whether you make a lot of long-distance calls, or just need a few basic features, Phone.Com has the perfect plan for you. You can also add on additional features as needed, without having to sign up for a new plan.
Basic Users – $14.99 per user per month
- Can have 500 pooled minutes and can get 1 phone number per account
- Get 1000 pooled text segments
- Access to mobile and web applications
- Available 500 standard voice features
- Conduct video conferencing with up to 10 participants
- Get Access to 50+ voice features
Plus Users – $19.99 per user per month
- Access all features from the basic user
- Conduct video conferencing with up to 25 participants with HIPPA compliant
- Allows video recording during conferencing
- Gives 1 phone number per user
- Can have unlimited pooled minutes
Pro Users – $29.99 per user per month
- Access all features from plus users
- Allows call recording plus has CRM integration
- Conduct video conferencing with up to 100 participants with HIFI transcription and whiteboard
- Call analytics and get voicemail transcription
1-VoIP is a cloud-based phone system that allows users to make and receive calls through the internet. This can be helpful if you are traveling and don't have access to a phone line, or if you want to save on your phone bill.
With 1-VoIP, you can connect with people all over the world at low rates, without having to purchase expensive equipment or software and you can make calls from your computer, your smartphone, or even your tablet.
1-VoIP is a cloud-based phone system that provides users with a number of features to make their business communication more efficient. With 1-VoIP, businesses can enjoy such features as voicemail to email, online faxing, and conference calling.
Additionally, 1-VoIP offers a variety of plans to suit the needs of any business size or budget. And because 1-VoIP is cloud-based, there is no need for businesses to purchase and maintain expensive hardware or software.
Here is a list of 1-VoIP's features you need to know about:
- Unlimited call and text included
- Blocking calls from anonymous caller ID
- Easy access to voicemails through email attachments
- Plays music during on-hold calls
- Allows you to review call history
- Can detect and stops unwanted calls from telemarketers and robocalls.
- Control callers who are blocked or allowed to reach to you
- Send and receive text messages and pictures through the 1-VoIP account.
1-VoIP is a relatively new VoIP service that offers a low price for making calls to cell phones and landlines. While the quality of the call may not be as good as some of the more expensive services, it is still a viable option for those looking to save money on their phone bills.
Residential – $8.97 per month
- Access to all features
- Does not require commitment
- You pay for what your need which is 2 cents/minute
Business VOIP – $14.97
- Access to all features
- Does not require commitment
- Offers lower monthly cost
SIP Trunking – $29.97 per month
- Access to all features
- Provides phone number with the extension included
- Offers lower starting costs
GoToConnect is an online meeting and collaboration tool that allows users to connect with each other in real-time.
With GoToConnect, you can hold online meetings, share your screen, and collaborate on documents in real-time. Plus, GoToConnect is easy to use and has a free plan for starters.
GoToConnect offers a variety of communication solutions for your business, including video conferencing. With HD quality and low-cost calls with their Go To Phone service, you can easily collaborate in real-time without any complicated software or hardware requirements.
GoToConnect is a powerful online conferencing and collaboration tool that makes it easy to connect with co-workers, clients, and other professionals from anywhere in the world. Also it offers features that make online collaboration easier than ever before.
Here is a list of GoToConnect's features you need to know about:
- Launch instant video conferencing
- Allows customized call flows through the Dial plan editor
- Track and analyze calls for your employees
- Includes call hold, call forwarding plus call routes feature
- Customize greetings and messages
- Provides HD quality video conferencing
The provider offers the same features to all subscribers, regardless of their subscription tier. It only varies depending on the number of users in the VoIP phone system. They offer a variety of pricing options to fit the needs of any business.
Basic – $27.00 per user per month
- Ability to call from any device
- Access to unlimited extensions
- Allows audio conferencing and team messaging
- Keeps existing number porting
- 40 minutes meeting duration with 4 participants
Standard – $32.00 per user per month
- Allows to call from any device
- Access to unlimited extensions
- Get unlimited customizable Dial plans, Call queues, and ring groups
- Allows free international calls from 50+ countries
- Offers real-time analytics and call management
- Unlimited meeting duration with 150 participants
Premium – $43.00 per user per month
- Get unlimited Auto Attendant recorded greetings
- Access voicemail through email attachments
- Unlimited meeting duration with 250 participants
- Allows team messaging and audio conferencing
- Get unlimited access to ring groups, call queues, multi-site and dial plans
Dialpad is perfect for businesses that want to modernize their office phone system. It perhaps costs more than it initially appears, but with the AI-powered features like shared numbers and app integrations, you'll be able to stay on top of your business in a way never before possible.
Dialpad is a cloud-based phone system that offers a wide range of features for businesses. These features include the ability to share numbers between employees, app integrations with popular business tools, and AI-powered features like shared voicemail and automatic transcription.
Here is a list of DialPad's features you need to know about:
- Provides unlimited call and text in USA AND Canda
- Allows to set up phone lines and customize phone calls around the world
- Unlimited global scale through 100% cloud architecture
- Send business texts and allows you to hop on a call using your phone app
- Call management through multiple operators
- Data security and backups included
Dialpad is priced competitively and offers a free trial so businesses can test out the system before committing. But these are the price list offered by DialPad which includes different features depending on the plan that you choose.
Standard – $23 per user per month (14 – days free trial included)
- Get unlimited calls, texts, and receive messages
- Gives Google workspace and Microsoft 365 integrations
- Conduct unlimited video conference
- Get web and chat support
Pro – $35 per user per month (14 – days free trial included)
- Access all features from the Standard plan
- Get support local numbers from up to 70+ countries
- Gives multiple numbers per account
- Assistance from 24/7 agent live support
- Offers 10 office locations
Enterprise – contact DialPad for a price contract
- Offers unlimited office locations plus ring groups
- Get support from a priority live agent
- Provide policy for data retention
- Allows Dial-by-extension
Try their 14-day trial by clicking the link below —
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ):
Question 1: What is a VoIP phone system?
VoIP is a revolutionary technology that changes the way we communicate. Imagine being able to make and receive phone calls using only internet access, without having any wires attached!
Question 2: Should I change my phone service from landline to VoIP System?
Yes, you should switch it from landline to VoIP because it allows you to receive phone calls wherever you want to go and you can run your business from anywhere in the world because all you need is an internet connection.
Question 3: Can I use a cordless telephone or mobile using VoIP?
The answer is YES! With most VoIP providers, you can use your existing cordless phones or mobile phone with the service. All of these services come equipped with a mobile app so that users can access your business phone system 24/7.
Question 4: How to set up a small business phone system?
A small business phone system can be a great way to keep your business running smoothly and effectively. There are a few things you will need to consider when setting up a small business phone system:
1. What type of phone system do you need? There are a few different types of phone systems, including landlines, VoIP, and cell phones. Landlines are the traditional type of phone system, where the phone plugs into a physical wall jack. VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol and uses the internet to make calls. Cell phones use wireless signals to communicate with cell towers.
2. What features do you need? Some features that you may want to consider include voicemail, call forwarding, call waiting, and caller ID.
3. How many lines do you need? If you have multiple employees, you will likely need multiple lines.
4. How much does it cost? Phone systems can vary in price, so be sure to shop around and find the best deal for your needs.
Once you have answered these questions, you will be able to select the right small business phone system for your business. We have included 9 different business phone services above most of them come with a free trial so you can try them for free.
It's no secret that technology has changed the way we do business. In order to stay ahead of the competition, it's important to have a phone service system that can keep up. Small businesses need a phone service system that is affordable, reliable, and easy to use. In this blog post, we’ve highlighted nine phone service systems for small businesses and given a brief overview of each.
These systems that tackle offer a wide range of features and benefits that can help your small business run more efficiently and cost-effectively–including HD voice quality, automatic call recording, voicemail-to-email transcription, and many others. We hope this information will help you choose the best phone system for your business needs.