Founded in 2001, Moodle is a popular open-source Learning Management System (LMS) that enables educators to deliver online courses at no cost. The platform utilizes plugins as building blocks, offering a central hub for educators and students to interact.
Moodle is maintained by a dedicated team of certified partners, full-time developers, and an engaged global community. The system undergoes regular updates and bug fixes every six months, ensuring continuous improvement and optimal performance.
360Learning, an EdTech company established in 2012, offers a SaaS platform that empowers Learning and Development teams to enhance culture and growth through Collaborative Learning. With the help of a team of industry experts, the company guides businesses through the implementation process. The platform provides creators with advanced tools for designing and developing training programs. Additionally, its user-friendly interface allows users to comment, speak, and react to other courses, giving creators valuable insights into learners' interests.
- Gamification of the ranking system makes learning more engaging and interactive
- Sales enablement features allow for easy management and selling of course subscriptions
- A vast collection of pre-made, industry-standard courses is available in the content library
- The platform is mobile-friendly, enabling users to access courses from their mobile devices
- White labeling options enable customization of the platform to align with brand values
- Team – 100 users = $8.00 per month
- Business – 100+ users = request a demo
2. Adobe Captivate Prime
Adobe Captivate Prime is an award-winning, industry-leading Learning Management System that enables organizations to effectively manage end-to-end learning for employees, customers, and partners. This LMS is designed for use by a variety of professionals, including Trainees, HR Leaders, Sales Professionals, and Legal and Compliance teams.
- The offline access feature enables learners to access courses without the need for an internet connection
- Geolocation capability allows you to create a single project with variations for different locations
- A learner dashboard allows users to monitor their progress and view completed courses and skill areas that require attention.
You can request custom pricing to get your exact needs.
Litmos LMS is a widely used and well-liked Learning Management System that is employed by medium-sized businesses and large organizations to manage training and sales programs. The platform is cloud-based, user-friendly, and requires no special training to set up. The system features an uncluttered, all-in-one dashboard that displays a user's login, admin, and completed task reports, conversions, and course information all in one central location. Additionally, it supports 35+ languages to facilitate learning in a learner's native language.
- Fast user onboarding
- Universal accessibility
- Rapid automation & embedded AI
- Easily create courses, both custom and pre-existing
- Supports use in 35 languages.
- Litmos LMS – request a custom quote
- Litmos Training Courses – request a custom quote
- Litmos LMS + Courses – request a custom quote
4. Google Classroom
Google Classroom, launched in 2014, aims to make the learning process more streamlined for educators worldwide. Its user-friendly interface has made it a popular choice among educational institutions. In 2018, the platform underwent a remodel, allowing educators to easily manage assignments, scheduling, and grading. One of the key advantages of Google Classroom is its seamless integration with Gmail and other G Suite products. Additionally, Google offers an extensive support system, making it easy to address any technical issues that may arise.
- Inbuilt chat feature for easy communication between students and teachers
- Automatic notifications for new content upload
- Video conferencing with closed captioning
- Seamless integration with other Google products such as Google Drive, Gmail, etc.
- Education fundamentals
- Education Standard – contact for pricing
- Teaching and Learning Upgrade – contact for pricing
- Education Plus – contact for pricing
5. iSpring Learn
iSpring Learn is a rapidly expanding LMS platform that offers a robust authoring tool. Its user-friendly interface and efficient content management make it easy to use. With iSpring, you can easily launch onboarding or ongoing learning within your organization. The platform also offers iOS and Android mobile apps, allowing learners to access courses from their mobile devices and even offline.
- Unlimited storage space with no restrictions on file sizes
- Integration with REST API and custom domains
- Gamification features for tracking learner progress and providing feedback
- Integration with Zoom for scheduling meetings within the training portal
- Various reports for tracking progress, such as content reports, people’s reports, email notifications and quizzes, and simulation reports.
- iSpring Suite – $770 per author per year
- iSpring Suite Max – $970 per author per year
We have evaluated the top players in the Learning Management Systems industry. Learning Management Systems assist in managing training and development by utilizing advanced tools made possible by the advancements in Edu Tech. With the resources readily available, course creators can easily create, sell, manage, and track the progress of learners.
Readers Disclosure: Our content is supported by our reader, that means some of the link from this article and within this website are affiliate links. If you click any of these links, then we may earn a commission with no extra cost to you.