Effective resource management is a critical aspect of project management and business operations. The ability to allocate resources efficiently and effectively can improve project outcomes, increase productivity, and reduce costs. Fortunately, there are numerous top resource management software options available to businesses today. These tools can help organizations optimize their resource allocation, streamline workflows, and achieve their goals more efficiently.
Throughout this blog post, we'll examine several resource management software options that are accessible in 2023, showcasing their characteristics, advantages, and probable applications.
Our initial reviewed resource management software is Mavenlink, which is an enterprise-level tool that enables robust project planning and scheduling capabilities to manage your teams effectively.
Mavenlink comes equipped with pre-built project templates for various scenarios, streamlining the process of quick and simple resource estimates. You can utilize these estimates to calculate profit margins and assess the resource decisions that are affecting your business's profitability.
Furthermore, the software allows you to forecast future resource needs and availability based on your existing capacity via comprehensive what-if analysis.
- Pre-built project templates native to the platform
- Calculation of resource estimates
- Calculation of profit margins
- Resource search based on skills
- Forecasting of resource availability
- Activity feed for fast and efficient collaboration
You can get a customized pricing plan by just filling up the required information needed to provide you a fit and suitable for your business needs.
Float is a powerful resource planning software that offers flexible scheduling options to its users. The platform provides drag and drop, splitting, and duplication functionalities that are particularly useful when schedules or requirements change.
The live schedule updates enable real-time automatic updates of schedule changes, ensuring that everyone is informed. Additionally, the software's powerful search and sorting filters make it easy to find the right person or project.
Moreover, Float allows you to visualize your team's schedule by zooming in for a detailed day view or zooming out for a 12-week forecast.
- Drag and drop scheduling interface
- Task splitting and duplication capabilities
- Real-time activity updates
- Absence and leave management features
- Robust search and sorting filters
- Visual representation of team workload
- Integration with third-party applications
- Resource Planning – $6.00 per user per month
- Resource Planning + Time tracking – $10.00 per user per month
Paymo is a team resource management software that offers robust scheduling features. The platform supports multiple scheduling views, real-time bookings, and leave management capabilities, among other features.
With Paymo, you can easily convert existing bookings into time entries and manage each employee's individual timesheets. Additionally, for time-sensitive tasks, the daily view allows you to track performance according to hours.
- Intelligent resource scheduler for automated task scheduling
- Efficient timesheet management
- Multiple booking views
- Comprehensive leave planning
- User-friendly drag and drop functionality
- Ghost bookings to predict scheduling
- Free – $0.00
- Starter – $4.95 per user per month
- Small Office – $9.95 per user per month
- Business – $20.79 per user per month
4. Resource Guru
Resource Guru has boasts several powerful features and is used by some of the top agencies in the world. The platform enables you to add bookings easily based on resource availability.
With the tool's drag and drop functionality, you can quickly adjust bookings on the calendar to match your requirements. Additionally, the smart calendar allows you to set the status of each booking as either billable or non-billable.
Resource Guru also offers comprehensive leave management capabilities to provide a clear picture of resource availability at any given time. Each team member has access to a personal dashboard and login to manage their work.
- Individual personal dashboards and logins for tracking work
- Drag and drop functionality for scheduling resources
- Comprehensive absence and leave management features
- Resource utilization reports that can be downloaded
- Custom fields and filters for better organization
- Customized permissions to manage schedules
- Grasshopper Plan – $4.16 per person per month
- Blackbelt Plan – $6.65 per person per month
- Master Plan – $10.00 per person per month
5. Hub Planner
Hub Planner is another enterprise-level resource management software that offers a comprehensive suite of features to help you schedule your resources effectively. It provides a robust basis for optimizing resource allocation and generating intelligent reports.
The dashboard in Hub Planner intuitively arranges all the standard features you would expect from resource management software. You can monitor resource workloads and make smarter decisions when it comes to task allocation. Moreover, the interactive drag-and-drop interface in Hub Planner allows you to easily create schedules and make modifications as needed.
One of the standout features of Hub Planner is its reporting capabilities. With the help of heat maps, you can easily identify gaps in production and resource utilization. These reports can be exported, printed, and shared with anyone you want.
- Concise dashboards for easy overview of details
- Drag-and-drop scheduler for efficient resource scheduling
- Timesheets for accurate tracking of project time
- Leave and vacation management
- Heat maps for identifying production schedule gaps
- Resource grouping into teams
You can book a demo on them and talk to sales to get your pricing options that is best for your business.
Overall, the top resource management software options provide powerful features for effective resource scheduling, tracking, and reporting. These tools allow organizations to manage resources efficiently, improve team productivity, and maximize profitability. With a range of features such as drag-and-drop schedulers, timesheets, leave management, and detailed reporting, these software options can cater to the resource management needs of businesses of all sizes.
Readers Disclosure: Our content is supported by our reader, that means some of the link from this article and within this website are affiliate links. If you click any of these links, then we may earn a commission with no extra cost to you.