If you are reading this article then you are someone who is already selling or want to sell online and looking for a reliable to tools to build your funnel. If that’s the case then you are in the right place in the right time. Today I am going to compare two of the most well know funnel/landing page builder that every internet marketer uses – Samscart and ClickFunnels.
FREE CHEATSHEET AND TRAINING:
How to Start a Viral Amazon Business Selling
Everyday Products Using One WEIRD Strategy Even With ZERO Experience or Technical Skill of Any Kind!
In this article I will compare two off the most well know platforms, SamCart and ClickFunnels, which are designed to help you to sell online. There are a few key differences in how each platform works, who they are designed for, and how much of an impact they can make. Both platforms are similar and come with a free 14-day trial.
But as always one tool is always better than other and you will figure which is one is right for your business.
Comparing SamCart to ClickFunnels:
SamCart is a powerful shopping cart designed to help sell things online, including products, services, or subscription memberships to a website. The platform is easily set up and integrated into a website, but some sellers might miss that it lacks depth of functionality.
ClickFunnels also helps with taking and managing orders and is very powerful in the early stages of a sale process.
The earlier stages
Samcart is solely known for its shopping cart feature which might be advanced for a lot of the users. Even though they came up with landing pages, they are still widely known for their shopping cart features online.
They do offer trainings and various feature that is more driven towards sales and marketing, where ClickFunnels are drive toward the all in one funnel building solution.
ClickFunnels is beginner friendly and you can literally do anything marketing or lead generation using this tool. Its a drag and drop software that helps you to build building blocks for your dream website.
The sales process is very sophisticated and smooth since you can automate your lead generation to marketing and sales process using Clickfunnels suite consist of Landing page builder, Autoreponder and Affiliate center access.
If you are just looking for all in one marketing solution then Clickfunnels is a great place to start.
Now lets talk about the pricing for both SamCart and ClickFunnel.
SamCart Plans and Pricing review:
SamCart has three pricing tiers, starting at $99/month up to $199/month.
- 1% transaction fee
- 12+ checkout page templates
- Unlimited products
- Use checkout pages everywhere
- Built-in credit card process
- Check-Out popup
- One-time payments
- Email and chat support
- SamCart branding on it (higher-tier plans do not have this) which shows up on checkout pages and receipts and looks less professional
- No. 1-click upsells, a/b testing, free and paid trials, subscriptions, payment plans, collecting prospects and the ability to set up an affiliate program for a store. All of these are important features.
- 6+ additional checkout templates
- 0% added processing fees
- Removes SamCart branding
- Subscriptions, trials, and payment plans
- Advanced stats and reports
- Prospects (card abandonment)
- 1-click upsells
- A/B split testing
- Missing The Affiliate Center which allows users to create an affiliate program so others can promote a store
- All components of the Pro plan
- The Subscription Saver (Dunning)
- The Affiliate Center
- Dedicated Training and Support
SamCart Key Features (included in all 3 plans)
- Allows to list an unlimited amount of products, digital goods, and services
- Easy to get setup and configured to start taking order immediately
- Set up coupons to offer discounts and promotions on anything sold
- Stats and analytics allow to look through and see what’s working for optimization
- Mobile friendly checkout
- Send emails to remind customers of items in their cart
How to set up SamCart:
SamCart works alongside an existing website. Visitors to a landing page can click on a buy button and be directed to the checkout process. SamCart is only a checkout platform and does not have all of the features that ClickFunnels has. Each item is set up and customized within the SamCart platform. Users get a link to the checkout page for each item, which is easily added into a site.
It integrates perfectly with WordPress, LeadPages, OptimizePress, and other premium platforms. There are many templates to chose from, and whatever product is being sold, it is as easy as creating the product and pasting the URL for checkout. Users can use any website building platform, including an existing website.
Recommended Blog Post You Must Read:
ClickFunnel Features and Benefits:
While SamCart and ClickFunnel are similar, the main difference is at the core of both platforms. SamCart is good for creating cart pages for customers to click to after being sold a product from a site, while ClickFunnels adds a sales funnel to the process by allowing users to organize their visitors based on their intentions.
The funnel includes four sections: Awareness, Interest, Decision, and Action. People looking to order immediately will hit their particular part of the funnel, while people still researching will end up in the appropriate place for that.
ClickFunnel Startup includes:
- 20 funnels
- 100 pages
- 20,000 unique vistors
- Unlimited contact leads
- 3 custom domains
- A/B split tests
- Email integrations
- Optin funnels
- All advanced funnels
- Sales funnels
- Membership funnels
- Unlimited members
- Auto webinar funnels
- Webinar funnels
- Hangout funnels
- Order pages
- Upsell pages
- Downsale pages
- Share your funnels
The major difference between the plans is the level of customer support. Enterprise customers have priority support and more help with templates than those with Startup. Another difference is that Startup allows for up to 20 different funnels with a total of 100 different pages and Enterprise allows up to 70 funnels and 300 pages.
Start-up allows up to 3 customer domains, and Enterprise has 20. Other than these differences, whatever plan marketers chose to use comes down to how many visitors a site can handle. Start-up allows for up to 20,000 visitors per month, and Enterprise allows up to 100,000. Users of ClickFunnels won’t have to worry about things like spam which slow downloading speeds.
Key features included in the plans
Here is a breakdown of the features that are included in both tiers of ClickFunnels and why each feature is important and helpful.
- A/B testing: allows users to compare versions of funnels to put together an optimized flow that is as effective as possible. It allows users to study analytics for shopping patterns that repeat themselves in order to best serve visitors by eliminating pressure-points throughout the sales process.
- Unlimited leads: allows users to store an unlimited amount of contact leads which are collected as people visit a site and fill in email addresses.
- Lots of different funnels: comes with a large assortment of proven and tested funnels which can be used to accomplish a variety of different goals when a customer lands on a site. These allow customers to become a member, join a webinar or Hangout, make a purchase, or enter an email address.
- Order pages: similar to what SamCart offers as the main feature page, this is a page to send visitors to so they can place an order.
- Upsells and Downsells: allows users to create pages in their funnels for upsells and downsells, which can be an effective way to increase average order value.
To see a full list of what ClickFunnels offers, visit the full site, but these are the key features that can have a big impact. The full site shows other useful things such as email integration, optin funnels, a lot of advanced funnels, and the ability to share funnels.
How to set up ClickFunnels:
It is easy to set up the first funnel. In ClickFunnels there is a button that says “+ Create Funnel.” To create a new funnel, just click that button and it will prompt to choose a name. From there choose a template and add the product and price.
After that, the user can write an email template to will be sent out to buyers after their purchase. With this done a URL is provided, and that completes the process. Users also have the option of setting up lead generation pages in order to collect leads for a local business.
Which is better?
When it comes down to it, ClickFunnels is a superior platform, as it has a lot more features than SamCart and users get a lot more for the same price. The platform is simply designed and engineered in order to guide users through the entire sales process, while SamCart is only a checkout platform which helps when a customer checks out. This is not to say that SamCart is a bad program; it is good for that one purpose.
Overall, however, ClickFunnels has more to offer, and users have more control over the whole sales, while SamCart is better for just the final steps. To conclude, it is important to put customers through a process that will lead to the most sales. Sometimes that is a simple funnel, while other times it is a long process that will help buyers be more excited to pull out credit cards and buy.
It is important to do some testing in order to figure out what works best for a particular product and audience. ClickFunnels is great because it gives users the ability to test anything. It has all the features a user could need, and there is no need to buy any other landing page builders or checkout platforms for testing. There is no need to feel frustrated with trying to piece together an online business because it is possible to do it all with a platform like ClickFunnels.