Wix is a well-known website builder that offers a variety of features and templates to create a stunning website without any coding knowledge. However, Wix can be quite expensive, especially for those on a tight budget or looking for a more affordable option. Fortunately, there are several Wix alternatives available that offer similar features and design capabilities at a much cheaper price point.
In this blog post, we list down some of the top Wix alternatives that provide cost-effective solutions for creating a professional website and also help you find the best fit for your website-building needs.
SITE123 has a straightforward editor that eliminates the possibility of getting lost while building your website. With simple dropdown menus and clearly labeled buttons, customization is a breeze. It should be noted that SITE123 has limited storage and bandwidth compared to Wix, which may make it a less suitable option if you intend to upload a large amount of media files. Nonetheless, SITE123's free plan is a great option for those who want to launch a small website quickly without requiring many resources.
- Over 180 templates designed to look good on multiple devices, spanning across various categories (restaurants, community, portfolio, etc.).
- Multiple preconfigured layouts are available for each section of your page, making it easy to create a well-aligned site. For example, there are 14 layouts for About sections, each with various text, image, and alignment options.
- Real-time support is available through the editor with a SITE123 assistant just a click away through the Need Help? button.
- The SITE123 editor loads quickly, enabling smooth adjustments to your site without the need to wait for ages or encounter loading issues during usage.
- Free – $0.00
- Premium – $5.80 per month
Squarespace is a website builder with a reputation for reliability and excellent customer support, making it a popular alternative to Wix. Squarespace's templates are a standout feature due to their modern and visually appealing design quality. Squarespace also offers 24/7 live chat support, which is a vast improvement over Wix’s customer support options.
In addition, Squarespace provides significantly more storage than Wix, making it an excellent option if you plan on building an online portfolio or uploading a lot of media to your site. However, it’s worth noting that Squarespace is not the cheapest website builder on the market, and there is no free plan. Still, Squarespace’s 14-day free trial and the included features make it a good value overall.
- Squarespace has over 100 mesmerizing templates that are professionally designed to make your website look modern and attractive, and they are all mobile-responsive.
- Provides better tools for building a small to the medium-sized online store at a fairly low cost. These include inventory management, product display, marketing tools, and more.
- Squarespace has a native Analytics feature to understand your website traffic and how well your marketing is performing is important for planning your marketing strategy.
- Offers a mobile app so you can monitor your website’s performance on the go.
- With high levels of server-side security and built-in SSL to keep your website data protected from hackers.
- Personal – $16.00 per month
- Business – $23.00 per month
- Commerce Basic – $27.00 per month
- Commerce Advanced – $49.00 per month
Hostinger Website Builder has been continuously evolving and adding new features to provide a solid and affordable site builder with unlimited resources. It's straightforward to use, making it an ideal option even for complete beginners who want to create a website quickly.
With over 100 templates to choose from, Hostinger Website Builder offers a variety of designs, ranging from portfolios and restaurants to landing pages and e-commerce. These templates are visually appealing, load quickly, and are mobile-responsive.
The website builder's grid-based editor ensures that your website's layout is well-structured. You can drag and drop elements and they'll snap into place on a predetermined grid. While you don't have complete creative control like you would with Wix, the grid ensures that your website remains properly aligned. Moreover, there are still plenty of possibilities to create custom designs. You can add image galleries, and slideshows, customize contact forms, and more.
- Provides AI Writer for generating SEO-optimized content and AI business tools such as a logo maker, business name generator, and slogan generator.
- You can easily import all your content from an existing site into Hostinger Website Builder.
- You can edit both the desktop and mobile versions of your site separately.
- It has built-in features like Facebook Pixel integration, Facebook Messenger integration for free live chat, and Google Analytics, Hotjar, and Google Tag Manager.
- Single Web Hosting – $1.99 per month
- Premium Web Hosting – $2.99 per month
- Business – Web Hosting – $3.99 per month
WordPress has its roots as a blogging CMS (content management system), and it still excels in this area. Although WordPress.com doesn’t offer as many templates as Wix, its free themes are well-designed and packed with blog-focused features, such as multiple post styles and native commenting.
While WordPress isn’t the easiest website builder to use, the new Gutenberg editor is a significant improvement over the old text editor. With Gutenberg, users can customize the layout of each page with powerful drag-and-drop functionality, just like with other site builders.
Although the editor interface is somewhat cluttered, useful features like breadcrumb navigation at the bottom of each page make up for it. WordPress remains one of the most powerful and versatile website builders available for building full-featured sites.
- Offers dozens of pre-configured content blocks, from text to galleries and social media embeds, making it easy to add new sections to your page.
- Comes with pre-installed plugins like stats, site backups, and an importer to help you migrate content from other platforms.
- WordPress doesn't provide official support for free plans, each free theme includes extensive documentation and a link to a template-specific user support forum.
- Offers 3 GB of storage compared to Wix's 500 MB, and there's no cap on bandwidth, making it a generous option for website builders.
- Free – $0.00
- Personal – $4.00 per month
- Premium – $8.00 per month
- Business – $25.00 per month
- Commerce – $45.00 per month
- Enterprise – contact sales
Webnode is a website builder that offers over 100 templates across 8 categories, with well-designed business templates that are suitable for specific niches. One of the standout features of this platform is its subtle branding, which is much less intrusive compared to other builders. Webnode's branding only appears at the bottom of each page, unlike other free plans that have floating headers or footers on your website.
However, the free plan has only 100 MB of storage space, which may not be suitable for photo-heavy portfolio sites. Instead, it can be an excellent choice for landing pages with a small number of images. Webnode's free plan offers double the bandwidth of Wix's, allowing you to handle more traffic and potentially get twice as many views. This makes it a great deal for a landing page.
- Provides email support during workdays, and they offer in-depth replies that answer your questions.
- Users can add contact and order forms for free and can easily customize them. After submission, users can display a message or redirect visitors to another page.
- Webnode's editor allows users to see the website's preview while editing, eliminating the need to switch between editor and preview modes.
- Limited – $3.90 per month
- Mini – $7.50 per month
- Standard – $12.90 per month
- Profi – $22.90 per month
There are several Wix alternatives available in the market that offer great features and functionality at an affordable price point. Squarespace is a top contender for those looking for a professional-looking website with unlimited storage and bandwidth. Weebly is a great option for small businesses with its easy-to-use interface and built-in marketing tools. With its vast selection of customization options and built-in plugins, WordPress stands out as a potent platform for website creation. Meanwhile, Webnode offers some of the best-looking designs and a subtle branding approach.
In the end, the selection of a website builder will vary based on the particular requirements and preferences of the individual. However, these Wix alternatives provide viable options for those looking for a cheaper alternative to Wix without compromising on functionality or design.
Readers Disclosure: Our content is supported by our reader, that means some of the link from this article and within this website are affiliate links. If you click any of these links, then we may earn a commission with no extra cost to you.