Voice and text chat apps are popular among gamers and professionals for their ability to improve collaboration by keeping team members connected in real-time. Discord is widely used, but some may find its UI unprofessional or its lack of end-to-end encryption concerning. To help you find the perfect chat app for your team, we have compiled a list of the best free and paid Discord alternatives. Browse these apps, and you may find one that meets your needs.
Discord is known for its attractive UI, user-friendly interface, private servers, and gaming features. However, it lacks some important features, such as End-to-End encryption. Despite its popularity, Discord fails to support E2E encryption, even for private messages, which is a significant shortcoming compared to its competitors who have already implemented this security measure.
Additionally, the file upload limit is only 8MB for free users and 50MB for paid users, which is a low amount compared to other alternatives. There have also been reports of unauthorized users spamming private servers, presenting a significant security concern. These limitations are reasons to consider finding an alternative to Discord.
We've compiled a list of apps similar to Discord in terms of features and functionality. Both gamer-focused and enterprise-oriented options are included, allowing you to create private communities and engage in instant messaging. For more information on each app, follow the link below.
When searching for a Discord alternative, TeamSpeak must be considered. It is a voice-based communication system designed for teams. With TeamSpeak, you can easily communicate with your team across platforms, with clear sound quality, strong security, reliable performance, and unparalleled stability.
- Smooth communication with no delays
- Wide range of add-ons and voice packs available for customization
- User management options including channel access and speaking privileges
- Cloud-based service allowing for seamless server, preference, and setting synchronization across devices
- Dynamic microphone volume control, echo cancellation, and background noise suppression
- 64 slots – 1 Virtual Server = $55.00
- 128 slots – 2 Virtual Server = $100.00
- 256 slots – 2 Virtual Server = $175.00
- 512 slots – 2 Virtual Server = $300.00
- 1024 slots – 2 Virtual Server = $500.00
The next application on our list is nTask. It is a project management tool with various communication and chat functionalities.
Investing in nTask provides not only software for communication and collaboration but also extensive task management, time tracking, progress view, and additional features offered by the app.
- Task comments facilitate streamlined team communication and prompt feedback within task functionality
- File and attachment-sending options allow for effective communication and progress tracking
- nTask enables you to create meetings and link them with specific tasks for improved communication
- The meeting module provides the ability to create organized agendas
- Document important discussion points during meetings to ensure nothing is overlooked
- Record decisions and follow-up actions in nTask meetings for easy tracking
- Premium – 5 users = $15.00 per month
- Business – 5 users = $40.00 per month
- Enterprise – contact sales
Telegram is a feature-rich, secure instant messaging app. It is an open-source application that can be used on multiple devices, making it a preferred choice for many people. The open-source nature of the software guarantees the safety of client-side data.
- Unlimited media and chat-sharing capabilities
- Groups can accommodate up to 200,000 members
- Customizable to fit individual preferences
- Faster message delivery than other apps
- Telegram provides heavy encryption for messages and even has a self-destruct feature
Telegram is free to use but if you want to unlock advanced features, you can subscribe to their Telegram premium.
Chanty is a combined team chat and task management solution that enables you to communicate through text, voice messages, audio, and video calls with your team. It provides a single platform for managing tasks, where messages can be transformed into tasks and delegated to team members.
Improve efficiency by integrating Chanty with popular third-party apps such as Trello, Asana, Zapier, Google Drive, Dropbox, Onedrive, Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket, Mailchimp, Giphy, and others.
- Searchable message history
- Turn messages into tasks with a built-in Kanban board
- Audio and video calls
- Centralized Teambook hub
- Voice messages
- Screen sharing
- Pinned messages
- @ mentions
- Discussion threads
- Free – $0.00
- Business – $3.00 per user per month
Previously known as Riot, Element offers a secure communication platform similar to Discord. With a focus on end-to-end encryption, Element provides a secure method of exchanging messages, in addition to its file-sharing capabilities.
- Efficient file sharing through drag-and-drop capability
- Engage in individual or group conversations
- Access to sending, viewing, and receiving files even when online
- Participate in or leave calls seamlessly without interrupting or requiring an invitation
- Element – $3.00 per user per month
- Element Enterprise – $4.00 per user per month
In conclusion, our list of the best Discord alternatives offers a variety of options, each with its own distinctive features. Some of these apps are ideal for gamers, while others are better suited for productivity in a professional setting. Regardless of your specific needs, there is sure to be an app on the list that can meet them.
Readers Disclosure: Our content is supported by our reader, that means some of the link from this article and within this website are affiliate links. If you click any of these links, then we may earn a commission with no extra cost to you.